Why UMP is your choice for an outstanding and unique technological education experience?
Ranked and rated…
- MSC-status tertiary education provider since 2004.
- 5-Star for the university’s official website in the Malaysia Government Portals and Websites Assessment (MGPWA)
- 5-Star for Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education's MyMoHES database.
First local public university…
- to be conferred a “Digital University” status in the East Coast Region of Peninsular Malaysia.
- to be certified OHSAS 18001:1999 since 2007.
- to establish a state-of-the-art Centralised Laboratory in the East Coast Region of Peninsular Malaysia.
- to establish a Mandarin Language & Cultural Centre.
- to spearhead student apprenticeship programme, with the collaborations of Malaysian Automotive Institute (MAI).
- to spearhead soft skills programme for human capital development since 2003.
- a variety of accredited engineering and technical education programmes.
- a culture of excellence in research and innovation.
- collaborative partnerships with industries especially in the East Coast Industrial Belt.
- dual degree programmes in engineering with Hochschule Karlsruhe Und Wirtschaft (HsKA) of Germany.
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Pharmaceutical) in collaboration with Institute of Technology Tallaght, Ireland and Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Infrastructure Management) in collaboration with University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
- better job prospect with 79% of UMP graduates managed to secure a job six months after graduation (2012).
Centre of Excellence (CoE):
- Centre for Earth Resources Research & Management (CERRM)
A one-stop centre providing multi discipline expertise in research as well as consultation for the field of engineering, environment and earth resources.
- Automotive Engineering Centre (AEC)
Enhancing the quality of education especially in the field of automotive for the benefit of the students as well as supporting the relevant industries with the expertise available.
- Centre of Excellence for Advanced Research in Fluid Flow (CARIFF)
Conducting researches regarding fluid flow concentrating on areas such as drag reduction, multiphase flow systems, oil & gas technologies, and reactive fluid dynamics.
- IBM and HeiTech Padu Berhad
The first Academic Campus Centre of Excellence for IBM in Malaysia established in 2011 together with HeiTech Padu Sdn. Bhd. through commitment and smart partnership aimed at achieving excellence in training and consulting services in knowledge technology as well as seeking research collaborations nationally and internationally with any willing private or public organization.
- Rare Earth Research Centre
Contributing to the development of related industries as well as to support the researchers in discovering and developing new technology specifically in the fields that involves rare earth.
The home of Industry Centre of Excellence (I-CoE) for…
- Miyazu Sdn. Bhd. for die and mould technology.
- Agilent Technologies for technology transfer and sharing as well as establishing degree and masters by research programmes in the field of radio frequency and wireless.
- Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) for the employability of the graduates by offering additional critical skills training in the building industry.
- biotechnology to equip the graduates with the necessary technical and soft skills abilities in the related field.
Fully equipped with…
- 24/7 wireless broadband internet and on-campus e-Community system.
- the largest TM HotZone bandwidth in the East Coast Region of Peninsular Malaysia.
- the best and sophisticated laboratories in the East Coast Region of Peninsular Malaysia.
- world-class Sports Complex with the largest floor area among the public universities in Malaysia for various sporting events. UMP also has been given a national focus on basketball.